- Reference: U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) Alert TA18-106A – Russian State-Sponsored Cyber Actors Targeting Network Infrastructure Devices (see www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA18-106A).
- Issue: US-CERT, the FBI, and the UK National Cyber Security Centre have issued a joint Technical Alert that provides information on the worldwide cyber exploitation of network infrastructure devices by Russian state-sponsored cyber actors.
- Guidance: U.S. maritime industry stakeholders are advised to thoroughly review and take appropriate action on US-CERT Alert TA18-106A at www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA18-106A. Additional cybersecurity resources are available at www.us-cert.gov and www.fbi.gov/investigate/cyber.
- Contact Information: Recipients who identify the use of tools or techniques discussed in US-CERT Alert TA18-106A should report to the Department of Homeland Security’s National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) at NCCICcustomerservice@hq.dhs.gov or 888-282-0870 and to the FBI through a local field office or the FBI’s Cyber Division at CyWatch@fbi.gov or 855-292-3937.
- Cancellation: This advisory will automatically expire on November 02, 2018.