2023-006-Worldwide-U.S. Coast Guard Maritime Industry Cybersecurity Resource Center Website
1. References: N/A
2. Issue: This advisory announces the launch of a new maritime industry cybersecurity resource by the U.S. Coast Guard, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Maritime Administration (MARAD), the Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). The new resource is available at: https://www.uscg.mil/MaritimeCyber/
3. Guidance: The Maritime Industry Cybersecurity Resource Center now serves as a one-stop-shop for maritime industry stakeholders to find trusted tools and resources, including government points of contact, and current industry-focused cybersecurity resources critical to protecting the Marine Transportation System (MTS) from cyber threats. This website supports a national unity of effort in support of Section 11224 of the James M. Inhofe National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023 and Presidential Policy Directive 21 (Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience) to strengthen and maintain secure, functioning, and resilient critical infrastructure.
The Maritime Industry Cybersecurity Resource Center website provides:
- Incident reporting requirements and procedures
- Maritime cybersecurity threat information
- USCG Marine Safety Information Bulletins
- USCG Cyber Alerts
- Interagency maritime cybersecurity resources and references
- USCG Maritime Cyber Readiness Branch assistance request procedures
- USCG Cyber Protection Team assistance request procedures
- Links to other federal government cybersecurity resources
4. Contact Information: Questions and recommendations on Maritime Industry Cybersecurity Resource Center content may be forwarded to MaritimeCRC@uscg.mil.
Supplemental information about U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories, including subscription details, may be found at: https://www.maritime.dot.gov/msci. Maritime industry stakeholders who wish to receive U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories via email should send requests to MARADSecurity@dot.gov. Feedback provided by U.S. maritime industry stakeholders regarding the U.S. Maritime Advisory System has greatly supported the U.S. government in pursuing continued enhancements to this system. Feedback to MARADSecurity@dot.gov is always welcome.
5. Cancellation of Prior Advisories: N/A.
6. This advisory will automatically expire on October 23, 2023.