2023-012-Global-New U.S. Maritime Alert and Advisory Subscription Process
1. Reference: U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories Subscriptions Website at https://www.maritime.dot.gov/msci/us-maritime-alerts-and-advisories-subscriptions
2. Issues: Since the inception of the interagency U.S. Maritime Alert and Advisory System in 2016, the registration process for public and private entities to receive U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories required sending an email to the Maritime Administration’s (MARAD) Office of Maritime Security MARADSecurity@dot.gov email address. Under this construct, no identifying info for subscribers, aside from their email address, was available. To better identify subscribed entities, identify additional entities who may benefit from receiving U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories, and to update subscriptions as personnel turn over, a new self-registration system is being launched by the U.S. government participants in this system. Additional info on the U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories system is available at https://www.maritime.dot.gov/msci.
3. General: The purpose of this advisory is to inform current and future subscribers that the legacy manner of subscribing for U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories via email is being replaced by a new GovDelivery self-subscription system. Those interested in receiving future U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories (including those currently registered under the legacy email subscription system) must self-register, prior to November 30, 2023 by following the subscription instructions at https://www.maritime.dot.gov/msci/us-maritime-alerts-and-advisories-subscriptions. This new self-subscription process has been developed to create a user-friendly intuitive process consisting of six basic questions on one page. As of November 30, 2023, only subscribers registered through this new self-subscription system will continue to receive newly published U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories via email. Please note that this self-registration system utilizes a govdelivery.com URL, but future U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories sent via this system will arrive from the firstname.lastname@example.org email address, which should be added to the approved senders list (i.e. whitelisted) within your email account to ensure that future U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories sent to you are not blocked.
4. Contact Information: For questions about this advisory, contact MARAD’s Office of Maritime Security at MARADSecurity@dot.gov.
5. Cancellation of Prior Advisories: This advisory will expire on March 20, 2024